Helping in times of crisis
The Collins Center’s mission is to provide services to victims and survivors of sexual assault. If you have recently been assaulted, or if the assault occurred a while ago, you have a number of options. Whatever you decide to do, the Collins Center is here to help. We recognize that sexual assault affects everyone in the community, and we have a variety of services for women, men, and children – many of which are free, confidential, and available in Spanish. Please call our office at 540.434.2272 with any questions or concerns, or click on one of the buttons at the top for more information.
I’ve Just Been Assaulted, What Can I Do?
- Get to a safe place
- Call a friend, relative, and/or a sexual assault victim advocate to be with you, 540.434.2272.
- Seek medical care. There may be injuries that you are unaware of.
- You can call the police. You can file a report, press charges, or
just get assistance.
- If you choose to report, try not to wash, shower, brush your teeth
or hair (it may interfere with evidence collection).
- Seek emotional support. Remember, the assault was not your fault.